ELECTRONIC CONTROLS ENGINEER – Power Generation
Must be a U. S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
ELECTRONIC CONTROLS ENGINEER JOB SUMMARY:
The candidate will apply specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices to develop and support activities in electrical & electronics engineering for power generation products.
This specialized knowledge may include the following:
- Design and Develop the electrical and electronics specifications, systems and components of Electric Generators/Alternators and motors.
- Electrical circuit design, simulating and analyzing performance of electrical power systems and electronic capabilities.
- Design of algorithms, generation and implementation of controls software.
- Tuning, verification, validation and release of controls hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot, service and maintenance of controls, hardware, and software issues.
- Managing component life-cycle obsolescence.
- Use of electrical and electronic tools, tool interfaces, and information products.
- Develop interconnects and harnesses including datalinks, communication networks, and machine electronics interfaces.
Electrical and Electronics includes all electrical and electronic elements within the system.
- Sensors and switches, actuators, mechatronics, electric motors, alternators/generators, and relays, ignition systems, battery systems.
ELECTRONIC CONTROLS ENGINEER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects with minimal supervision. Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects and can work cross-functionally. Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
- Participates as a key contributor providing technical direction for a project or a project team and is accountable for project success. Influences at department or program management level by proposing innovative initiatives and demonstrated technical knowledge.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise and knowledge gained from other projects.
ELECTRONIC CONTROLS ENGINEER SKILLS:
- Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution.
- Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows.
- Applies a broad range of planning and monitoring tools. Defines planning and review practices that result in few missed milestones and minimal surprises.
- Effectively delegates to ensure completion of complex projects and work. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met.
- Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
The skills will include one or more of the following:
Analog and digital circuit design of electronic hardware for control and/or power conversion systems.
Mechanical Design & Performance Requirements with an understanding of how electronic designs respond to mechanical environment conditions and methods required to validate designs for a specific environment.
Electronic Component Specifications to ensure our suppliers design and manufacture electronic components that satisfy the customer’s requirements for reliability and cost. Related skills include electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), mechanical environmental requirements, analog circuit design, and digital circuit design.
Electrical Environmental Requirements - must understand, and specify the characteristics of an electrical system with the goal of providing a system that will not be damaged or exhibit unacceptable performance during normal operation and potential failure modes.
Microcontroller functions and peripheral systems knowledge in sufficient detail to permit the design of an electronic controls system. Must be familiar with detailed block diagram of Interface MCU to other hardware.
Electromagnetic Analysis to calculate and analyze electromagnetic fields is a fundamental requirement of this role. This requires an understanding of the principles governing the interaction of electrical and magnetic fields, generally determined by Maxwell's equations. Must have practical knowledge to analyze, troubleshoot or improving existing electrical machines.
ELECTRONIC CONTROLS ENGINEER EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Engineering required. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience in a similar discipline.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BillAustin.com.